Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Who would have thought....

***Change made to this post as of 3/20. Scroll down to the blue print to see the change.***

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that NKOTB would have stirred up so much (and by so much I mean 5 haha) commenting. And they were all from different people! Craziness!
Speaking of music.... check out the playlist. I've added A LOT and taken off most of the old ones except for a few that I'm not ready to part with yet. As always check the "What's New?" segment for changes and updates.
Speaking of new... did you know that Mary Kay is going to be selling mineral make up soon? I read that on a blog today. The woman wears Bare Minerals (like me... and Hol... and Lisa), but she is going to switch because supposedly MK will be cheaper. Hmm... I may have to look into that. However, I just bought a whole new thing of foundation and I'm not junking it to buy more of the same stuff in a different brand. Can we say poor college student? I'm not that crazy!
Speaking of crazy.... isn't it wild how when you "grow up" and look back on your childhood you have such fond memories of music or tv or clothes, and then you listen, watch, or see an old picture of those things and you cringe? I don't know why I was thinking about that today. Maybe it was because of the whole NKOTB post. I used to love a cartoon when I was little called David the Gnome. I would never miss it! I youtube'd it one day, and watched an episode, and I was a little disturbed. I actually liked that cartoon?? It was basically about animal rights. haha! This little gnome was like a doctor to all the animals in the forest, and he and his wife lived in a tree. It was all very bizarre. Then there is the music... My cousin Michelle and I used to sit and color for hours listening to The Hugga Bunch tape I had? Have you ever heard of that? I still have the old tape, and I still know all the words to every song, but now that I think back on it, and listen to the songs now, it was a little creepy too. Is it just the sign of the times or were we totally oblivious to all these things?
Here's a little taste of what a Hugga Bunch is....

I however, only had the cassette tape, and didn't watch these scary doll/puppets. My tape had a little moral to it and everything. Anyway... getting sidetracked.
Do you have any childhood memories that now that you look back you have found are a little weird or freaky? Or do you ever wonder to yourself, "Why did I ever like that?" It doesn't have to be scary like the Hugga Bunch dolls above. It can be funny or totally embarrassing. The more embarrassing the better! :) Let the rest of us know in the comments area....
Alright, well I need to go, because clinical is tomorrow and I kinda quit on my paperwork early tonight, so I have lots to do tomorrow. Hope you have a good Wednesday!
Until.............

1 comment:

Krissy~ said...

So one thing immediately comes to mind and that is GOONIES. I watched this tons when I was growing up and loved it. A while back my son was watching it and I never realized how many cus words are in that movie. Was I that oblivious to foul language when I was a child? Kinda weird to think about, but as a parent I was very aware of the words coming out of Chunks mouth. Still a good fil always love to see the truffle shuffle!!