Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Doctor's Dance aka "The Ball"

Well, the night is done. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Robin (who was my date because Brian was out of town with the kids, and I was not going by myself) and I rode together. I met her at her house, and she was all sniffly nosed and coughing. I thought I had an out. If she was sick, I didn't have to go! Yes!! Not so fast.... she was still going... Shoot! I guess if I was being honest though I have to say I did have fun, although I have proven once again I have absolutely zero rhythm. It's sad really when people are dancing and all you can do is sway back and forth with an occasional bounce thrown in. Oh well... it's over, and hopefully I won't have to do it again for a very long time.

The food was pretty good. It consisted of a salad, green beans, mixed veggies (steamed), little red potatoes, chicken or beef, and rolls. There was also cake and cheesecake. You gotta love free food!

Ok, so let's go back to the dancing part of the night for a minute. It is quite entertaining when you get to watch your instructor's dancing. You see them all serious and "school appropriate" all week and then when you see them all dressed up and cutting a rug on the dance floor it is quite hilarious. At one point I looked over and my cute little community instructor was dancing next to us. She looked at me and waved and smiled, then said, "I'm so glad you're out having a good time!" ...That's just weird. haha....

Anyway... so we did the mandatory electric slide, YMCA, Shout, blah blah blah.... I felt like I was at a wedding reception.

OK, so let's switch gears for a second... I HATE my camera!!! I'm about ready to post it on ebay or take it back to the store. It is ridiculous. Nine times out of ten I get a crappy picture. It is just not right! I will definitely be figuring this out soon or I am going to throw a serious hissy fit!

Here are a few pictures from the night (atleast some semi-decent ones).


(Krissy and her hubby. The poor guy had a tooth pulled a couple days ago.)




(Ty and Ash)




(Exhibit A of why I hate my camera. This is supposed to be a GOOD picture of me and Robin. Instead I get weird streaky things. Ugh!)

(This is exhibit B. It would have been so adorable had it turned out! They were dancing to their song Open Arms by Journey)

I'll be getting more pictures from Ashley I'm sure, and I'll post those when I do. Her camera is the same as mine and it takes good pics. I don't know what the deal is.

Alright, well I need to go to bed, because tomorrow I have church and I will be studying the rest of the day. Ick!

Until..................

No comments: