Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mexican Train Dominoes!

Ok, when we left the Fundue/Fondue last night and were headed off to "have some fun" I was pretty excited. I had had a grueling week and was ready to have fun. When the words "we can go to my house and play dominoes" were uttered my excitement quickly deflated. Dominoes?? I'm staying up late...without doing anything productive... to play dominoes? Oh boy....
Well we go get a Starbucks (thank goodness... I think that is what kept me going until 1:30am) and headed off to our destination. So we get there and we're sitting at the kitchen table and dominoes are dumped all over the table... and they were pretty! <-(Said in a dreamy trance-like way) So then they start explaining these whacked out rules that I was sure, even though I didn't know the real rules to dominoes, wasn't correct. Then they throw in that it's MEXICAN TRAIN DOMINOES! Okay, if you have not played this you should. Not only does it use your math skills (some rounds more than others), but it's fun too. You don't have to use your brain too much while playing so you can still talk and get up to go to the bathroom, etc. without having missed anything. It's also kind of fun if you are a strategist or an organizational freak (yes Holli, I know... but you're one too!!!), or if you like pretty colors and patterns. I think pretty much everyone would love this game. I think after my baby shower today I'm going to have to go on the hunt for some double twelve dominoes.
Alright, well I must go. I just wanted to tell you of this new game (new to me atleast) that I had played. It was much fun, and I'm glad I now have something to switch out Greedy Dice with every once in awhile. Oh, do you know how much fun would be had by all if we were to play Greedy Dice AND Mexican Dominoes all in one night?? Oh my!
Ok, for real I have to go now. I need to finish reading something for school and get ready for the baby shower.
Until people..................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now just bear with me while I get my dominos in order...

I think I see a game night in our future. (especially since all 3 sisters just bought dominos...ha ha) Party at the sistas house! Come one, come all!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I spelled Dominoes wrong. Good thing it is a counting game and not a spelling game. :)

Dave, Andria, Brooke and Hannah said...

Ummm..So I REALLY don't think we could handle Greedy Dice and Mexican Train Dominoes in one night. Well, not Jon or Dave anyway, they are still fairly new to the family after all! Haha. Game night soon?