Monday, March 10, 2008

Summer Extern

With all this drama that has been going on, I forgot to tell you all... I got a position in the summer extern program through the hospital. I will be working on the Pediatric ICU. My hours will be 7p-7a and I will work 36 hours a week for 10 weeks. So basically I will be a night owl three nights a week.
The whole idea of the program is to shadow a nurse and get "signed off" on tasks that we can do ourselves. We become more and more independent, and it gives a good experience before we are pushed out of the nest and expected to fly in December. (Like that little analogy?) I actually was going for The NICU (which is the Neonatal ICU), but God had other plans for me to be in the PICU. Robin and Ashley also got the 7p-7a extern schedules, so we will all be on a whacked out sleep schedule for awhile. :)
Well, I better go. I've been putting off working on my paper for as long as possible, and I need to start working on it atleast a little bit tonight. Tomorrow will be filled with eating breakfast with my great aunt, working on a presentation with Robin, and starting my paper with Heidi. And if I have a little bit of time left I'm going to try and spend an hour or so with a friend I haven't seen in months before I go pick my mom up from work. I know... you're wishing you were me. I won't have too much fun, don't worry.
Until next time...........
P.S.- Sydney just made a noise that sounded like Harry from the movie Harry and the Hendersons. Hahaha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I am jealous. I wanted that so bad, but I have to look at it like you, God has other plans. I am going to the Diabetic Camp and feel that it will be very educational. Hey since everyone is working 3rd and I will still be in ED we will have to lunch some early morning hour together. See ya soon!!