Monday, March 10, 2008

Birthday card...

I forgot I said I would post what my Dad's Birthday card said. I was a little preoccupied since then.... so here you go. This card was from the three of us girls....

"He got all kinds of jobs- fixing our bikes, killing bugs, checking for monsters under the bed so we could sleep(I wanted to put mice here, but forgot. :)). He helped us move, checked our oil,
slipped us extra cash when we were broke. The rewards weren't big, but he didn't care. It was enough for him to watch us grow, hear us laugh, know that we were safe and happy and would grow up to be reasonably content. And without ever exchanging a word on the subject, he taught us all about love- how it's very often in the little things. That it makes a whole lifetime of difference to a child. That he's always been there, this unsung and utterly devoted man, our one and only dad."


Wasn't that nice? It would have been even nicer if when he was reading it he didn't throw in "Changing your number so you aren't harrassed by a crazy old guy".... yup... nothing says Happy Birthday Dad quite like that.
Anyway, just wanted to share the nice card we got him.
Until...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That card is so sweeet and I teared up. I feel the same way about my father. We are lucky firls to have daddies who care so much!! Even though they are a bit overprotective, I would rather have that any day over the alternative. Thanks for sharing those special words!

Love Krissy~