Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's not a party 'til the police show up....

So Friday night was interesting.... We had our supper NINE (yes, I finally figured out how many it was) and it was a lot of fun. Dinner was scrumptious! We had grilled chicken, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes (aka a little piece of heaven), rolls, and then a necterine (I think...) and blueberry cobbler thing for dessert. It all was so delicious! We didn't move from the dining room table the whole night. We had A LOT of laughs, and got to meet and spend time with some new people. The night was going fantastic... that is until I got a phone call....
I had my phone at the table because I was showing everyone a picture that I had on my phone. (That is a whole other story....) So I just left my phone sitting on the table while we continued to talk. Well, all of a sudden my "How to Save a Life" ringtone goes off, so I silence it and notice that the call is an "unknown caller". I apologize and we continue talking. The call goes to my voicemail. Not even 2 seconds later my phone rings again... "unknown caller". At this point I'm thinking "maybe it's someone from school. I should answer it." So I excuse myself and go into the living room to take the call. ......I'll spare you the details (even though I can remember every word) because I have enough trouble sleeping, I don't want to freak you all out. Basically, the guy says some threatening things to me, and I hang up. So I stand there for a second thinking to myself, "What just happened here? Was that for real?" I go into the dining room and sit back down at my chair. Meanwhile no one knows what just occured. Then, my phone rings AGAIN! "Unknown Caller". I was sitting in between both my sisters, and Holli goes, "Who was it?" I said, "I don't know." "Well, should you answer it again?" "I don't want to..." So Holli grabs my phone and answers it. I didn't say much the first time around so she passed for me on the phone and talked to the guy. (Again I will spare you the details of what happened). So while she is talking on the phone I looked over to my other sister (and by that time everyone could tell I was kind of freaked out) and told her what was said during my conversation. Needless to say everyone was concerned, and once Holli hung up on the guy, we called our family friend who is a detective and he advised us to call the police and file a report. So, here we are at 9:45 at night and the police come knocking at these people's home. These poor people!! I had really only "known" them for less than 3 hours, and they are having to deal with all this drama. Anyway, so Hol and I relay the phone conversations and the police officer takes our statement. The night was pretty much over after that. I went home, told my dad about it, just in case the police called in the middle of the night, and I went to bed for a restless nights sleep.
So, then we come to Saturday morning... didn't take much to get myself out of bed, since I really didn't sleep that well to begin with. I wasn't even up 20 minutes before I'm telling the whole thing to my mom (who had been asleep when I got home the night before). Then, I had to hurry and get dressed so my dad and I could go to Verizon... on his birthday mind you... to change my phone number and try and obtain my phone records. One of the ladies working customer service was a real witch, so we walked out with only a new number... no records. (apparently they have privacy laws about people who have their phone number resitrcited.. I see, so they can call and harrass me, but I can't know who it is... makes perfect sense...) So, the police station will turn the case over to a detective and they will have to subpeona Verizon for the records, and then we will go from there. All in all, I got the crap scared out of me, and have been a little on edge the last couple days. Tomorrow my dad is going to the police station to tell them we couldn't get the records and then they will take it from there. Hopefully they can figure something out before I go back to school next week. Until then, I'm pretty much staying in groups and have only given my new number out to a handful of people. If you are reading this saying "Hey... why didn't she call me and give me her new number?" then leave a comment. I may have just forgotten. Forgive me... I've been a little preoccupied.
Alright, well I need to get going. I have a few things I need to do before I leave for small group tonight. Hope everyone had a more enjoyable, less drama-filled weekend than I did. I'll be back hopefully with some good news later this week.
Until.................

No comments: