Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Survival and Side Effects....

Oh my...I am so glad this week is almost over. I have completed my second to last clinical day on Ortho. Hal-le-lujah! Bones are definitely not my forte. Today was a wild and crazy day and I am so glad it is over. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say I was the energizer bunny today (and I think my batteries are in need of replacement).
Only 2 more weeks (well only one if you don't count finals) and then I am off for the summer. VACATION!!!!!! I'm so excited. Even though I'll be working 3 twelve hour shifts I'll still have some time off, and I won't have to study. Bonus!!! If I can just survive a couple more clinicals and lectures I'll be home free. Oh yea, and the finals....can't forget those.
The good news is that I don't have to be to my community clinical until 10 tomorrow, so I get to sleep in a little. I'll need it... I'm running on small amounts of sleep this week....which leads me into my next topic.....

Sunday night was AWFUL!!!! Small Group was great, as usual, but when I got home I was getting some stuff done and neglected to eat a little something when I took my medicine at 8:45. I've never had any of the side effects on that long list of "things to know" when they give you a medicine at the pharmacy before (Except for Codeine when I got my wisdom teeth out. That drug did some wicked things to me.) Anyway....so I didn't eat anything and when I got into bed at 11:15-ish I was feeling kind of Ick. I thought it was because I was tired. I always feel sick when I need to sleep. So I crawled under the covers and was ready to go to bed. Weeelllll.... that didn't happen. When the slip of paper the pharmacy gave me said "May cause sever GI distress...." they weren't a kiddin'! It was ridiculous! I lay in utter discomfort and agony for 30 minutes! When I was horizontal I felt like I was gonna vomit all over, so I rushed to the bathroom only to discover that being vertical helped with my nausea. Go figure.... well it wasn't that simple, but about 20 minutes later I was propped up in my bed shivering like a leaf from the awful side effects that just upset my body. Needless to say I did not get very much sleep. It was just that one episode and then my body was able to relax and semi-sleep. Didn't really help me that I had a test Monday either. No siree! Today I woke up feeling kind of ick (and I rarely eat much on clinical days anyway...not sure why) so I opted to just skip my AM dose so I wouldn't be forced to eat and feel even more sick. So far so good with the PM dose. I ate something with it, so I should be good to go.

Well, I know you are totally riveted by my storytelling of school and feeling ill, but I need to go to bed, because I'm exhausted. Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!! I'll be working on my paper again.... I know... you wish you were me. Don't be too jealous..............

Until..........................................

No comments: