Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tuesday exhaustion.....

Well, I am seriously overwhelmed by the responses to my last entry. I mean, how will I ever decide on a camera now with such great choices presented to me. It will be a long grueling process now, because I have too many wonderful suggestions..... (<- NOTE SARCASM PEOPLE!)

It seems that every Tuesday I get more and more tired at the days end. I barely have enough energy to get me through Wednesday, and then I'm totally fried after that. Wednesday nights are filled with paperwork (because seriously who wants to be doing that when you can have 4 days right in a row without paperwork). This week I will be working on the rest of our paper (the evaluation part), and probably studying for my Adult test that is in two weeks, because if Monday's quiz was any indication of how that will be then I am in BIG trouble.

I realized again today that nice people are precious gems in my not so spectacular days. Today on the clinical floor it seems like I saw a ton of people I knew. In actuality it was only 2 (Shout out to: Jennifer and Becca... HOLLA!!!!) It makes all the difference to have bright and shining faces that are actually happy to see you. Wonderful I tell ya... wonderful........

So... I've recently discovered (or maybe I've just been denying it all this time) that blogs are addictive. No joke... I have a long list of blogs that I check DAILY. It's like I get sucked in to these peoples lives and their funny stories. Then I get to thinking... "Why are people even reading my blog? It's not like I have an adorable child that they tune in to see or great how to tips, or even fabulous photographs. I have a 90lb dog, a whole bunch of whiny stories about nursing school, and a camera that is hit or miss in the photo taking department. What's appealing about that?" Hmm... it boggles my mind.....

I recently found a blog that had to do with adoption. They had a little boy of their own, and then decided to adopt another little boy. So then they had two. Then they decided they should adopt a little girl. So they did. They are an adorable little family (and yes, they have been added to my long list of blogs to check). Then I link from their blog to another blog about a couple who had two little girls and decided to travel to Korea to adopt a little baby boy. I'm telling you it SUCKED me IN!!! After watching over half a dozen videos logging their trip to getting their baby I link on the the wife's blog. I've seriously been reading her blog, from the beginning, for like 3 or 4 days now. I couldn't stop until I was finished. She had like TWO YEARS worth of posts. She wasn't one of those people that only blogged like once every other week either. She is an avid and faithful blogger (which I love). I finally finished reading it last night. It was a good read, and I enjoyed it greatly. After reading through someones blog like that you get this sense that you actually know these people. I mean you've practically shared every major milestone in their lives from the past 2 years. You feel this invisible bond that of course they don't feel with you because they haven't read your blog, but you somehow feel with them because they have opened up their story and let you flip through the pages of their lives. (Ok, that sounded corny even to my ears) It's amazing though how much you can feel connected to someone through something as little as an online blog. Craziness.... it boggles my mind to no end.

So anyway, back to adoption. Adoption. That word stirs up so many feelings in my heart. Hope. Love. Second Chances. Fear. Anxiety. Peace. I'm not married, and am probably years away from having children (school first), but deep down inside I know God is telling me almost as if it is a whisper in the far corners of my heart that I am meant to adopt someday. I can't speak from experience since I've never had a child of my own, but I can only imagine that having a child that is your own is the most magical, important thing to ever happen to you. And yet, you could do something even more magical and important in someone elses life. As I watched the adoption video for this little boy I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes. When they shared the footage of their goodbye with his foster mother it was heart wrenching. She loved him SO much, but she was willing to let him go because she knew he would have a better life with this young couple. She wrote them a letter (in Korean, that had to be translated) that said she loved him, but knew she was doing the right thing and giving him a better chance at life. Can you imagine loving something so dearly, but giving it up anyway because you knew it was for the best? Can you imagine being on the receiving end of that gift? Well, I don't know about the giving part, but I've definitely been on the receiving end of that gift. God sent His son to the cross to pay the ultimate price so that we could be saved and have everlasting life. What is a better gift than that???

I don't know, I guess that was just resting on my heart and I felt I needed to share it. Or maybe, I'm just exhausted and all my thoughts need to be released. Either way, these thoughts are logged in to my blog for all to read. One thing I hope you get from reading my blog is enjoyment. Laugh people! It's good for you! I also hope that I make you think every once in awhile. I'm not really a philisophical person (see my grade in Philosophy from ICC and you will know this as truth), but I hope I do convey some ounce of intelligence every once in awhile that can get you pondering about something. And also, I hope I convey friendship. I may not know who you are, but you know who I am if you've been reading my life that I've blogged here. You may only know a small piece of my life, but more is sure to be revealed in time.

Now, because that was a quite lengthy blog, I thought I'd throw in a picture or two. It spices the post up a little. So here you go.....







I also have an idea in the back of my head for another post, but it will take time, so be on the look out for something special! :)

Have a good and restful sleep........

Until...........................................................................

No comments: