Friday, April 4, 2008

Maia's homecoming

Maia is home!! She bust out of the hospital Thursday night. Her Mama is thrilled of course! :) She sent an adorable pic via text message of little Maia sleeping soundly at home. Although she has been discharged there are still many trials and obstacles to come for this little precious one. Continue to pray for her and her mommy and daddy.

My previous post about Voices that Care spurred a conversation of "the good ole days" between my sisters and I as we drove to see one of our friends art show. We started reminiscing about summers past when we would stop at a local burger joint and my mom would buy all of us cousins (because she babysat a whole slew of us during the summer) hamburgers. I also happened to have some jaw breakers in my pocket, so that got us talking about a little store within walking distance from our house that we used to buy the mini-jawbreakers at. *Sigh* the memories.... ("Memories...Light the corners of my mind... Misty watercolor memories....") <-Just thought that song seemed appropriate... :) It all seems so long ago, and yet sometimes it feels like it only happened a short while ago. I love those memories... I think that I need to pick up journaling again so I don't forget those moments. I know... you're thinking "Hello! What do you think this blog is for??" Well, that's true, but there are also little things that I remember or things that happen that I'm sure you all don't want to hear. Plus, there's something a little more intimate when you are sharing something just between yourself and God without the whole world (or atleast a dozen of you that read this) tuning in to hear it as well. My last experience with journaling was a few summers ago when I had a not so great job. Don't get me wrong... the pay was good, and it wasn't all horrible, but for the most part I hated it and had many a nights when I would just cry when I got home because I was so unhappy. I pretty much quit journaling after that. I absolutely loved that journal too. Looking back I wish I hadn't wasted all those horrible unhappy entry's on it, because it was so pretty. My sister got it for me on a trip she went on. It had a bamboo covering with a turquoise cloth trim. Oh well.... Maybe I can find something as equally pretty somewhere else.

Alright, I think I've bored you enough. I think I'm going to get back to studying. Hope you're having a funtastic Friday. Wish I was with you!

Until.........................

1 comment:

Krissy~ said...

Hey Megan check at Barnes and Noble they have a great selection of journals, and if you want company call me I will go with you, I love that store and would also like hangin with you of course. Have a great weekend!
Love ya,
Krissy~