Well, I survived my first teaching session on Wednesday. The kids were really receptive to the information and more than half of the kids participated. A half an hour goes quicker than I thought. 1 down....3 more to go.
So today was a pretty laid back day. I slept in so my poor body could function. I finished my paperwork for the week last night and then fell asleep in bed to Jon and Kate Plus 8 re-runs. It was a gloomy day outside, so I pretty much just planted myself in my computer chair and studied the majority of the day. That was even more depressing for my day since I was studying information on elder abuse and childhood communicable diseases.
So by now, you're probably wondering what any of that has to do with the 80's..... well I was saving that for last. Here is an email that I'm sure most of you have seen before. I thought it would be fun to post......
You Know You Grew Up In the 80's if:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton (I would so love to be where you are right now listening to you sing this song and actually try to do 'the Carlton')
3. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
4. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
5. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school. (I know I did!)
8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
9. You played the game "MASH"(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House) (I remember playing this, but have no idea how to now.)
10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
11. You know the profound meaning of " WAX ON , WAX OFF"
12. You wanted to be a Goonie.
13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)
14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
16. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pailkids in the schoolyard.
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets. (I see why they were banned...those things hurt!)
18. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
21. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
22. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?" (Pretty sure I wasn't one of those kids, but whatever...)
23. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
24. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
25. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
26. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
27. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB" (haha see my previous post "NKOTB")
31. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class. (Go ahead...list 'em off...)
32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART. (This takes me back to Bio 146 with Mr. Martin. He sang this chorus to us as we dissected our frogs and someone accidentally poked the heart...poor froggy!)
33. You just sang those words to yourself.
34. You still sing "We are the World" (That and Voices that Care...right girls? :p)
35. You tight rolled your jeans.
36. You owned a bannana clip. (It was not me that mis-spelled banana in that sentence.)
37. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
38. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
39. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
Now, wasn't that fun?