Sunday, January 25, 2009

Words to Live by...on a Starbucks Cup...

I still had about $8 on a Starbucks card that I got for my graduation (thank you Jenn) so I decided to treat Holli to a drink this afternoon. 1) I haven't gotten to spend very much time with her lately and 2) I really wanted one. So after I got back from Walmart with my Mom (Don't go there!! Run Away!! The parking lot is a hazard to your health and every other yahoo is there today) we headed off. She got her tall Chai Tea Latte and I got a Light Caramel Frap. We went and pulled into the mall parking lot to chat for a bit and she noticed that her cup said something on the side. She chuckled a little and then read to me aloud...


In case you are unable to read the cup this is what it says.... "I used to feel so alone in the city. All those gazillions of people and then me, on the outside. Because how do you meet a new person? I was very stumped by this for many years. And then I realized, you just say, "Hi." They may ignore you. Or you may marry them. And that possibility is worth that one word." --Augusten Burroughs Author of Running with Scissors


How profound is that? If only it were truly that easy.


While Hol and I were sitting in the parking lot a funny thing happened. A girl and her mother came out of Bergner's and as they were midway down an aisle they started to get that look on their faces. "Is this the aisle we parked in?" "Were we in the next aisle over?" "Hmm... I don't quite remember. I thought we were in this one." They start looking around. Finally they stopped walking and just started looking. We kind of chuckled at the fact they couldn't find their car because the lot was not that full to begin with. Finally they TURN AROUND and there was their car!! They were standing in front of it the whole time!!! We started cracking up, but of course disguised it by acting like we were talking to eachother and sipping our drinks. By the time they pulled out we were busting up laughing. How silly!


Anyway, that was the quick recap of my afternoon. Tonight I will be scanning pictures to transfer to my great aunt's digital photo frame, finishing the last 180 pages of my book, reading two People magazines, working out (ehhh- might put that off until tomorrow), and attempting to Twitter again. We'll see what I actually get done though.


Until...........................................

No comments: