Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration and Scarves...

Well, as of 12pm we have a new president. He is no longer "president-elect". He gets the title and all the responsibility that comes with it. I do not envy him....
I didn't get to watch the actual ceremony because I was in my Nurse Residency meeting today. It was our first of 12 that we will have in this year of 2009. We are piloting, if you will, this program for our facility. This type of program has been used many places, but it is the first year we are implementing it for all of our new grads. Basically we get together once a month and discuss how things are going with our jobs, and it's supposed to help with retention. We'll see if it works. I am not looking forward to the fact that we are "required" to do a project and we have to take the HESI two times during this year. TWO times!!! If you recall, the HESI is a "pre-NCLEX" type exam that we took twice during our college career. Why we have to take it again after already passing the NCLEX is beyond me. I have a feeling this part of the program may be cut for next year. I don't see how it will show anything. It will be way too broad, especially for all of us that are specializing in different areas (which is everyone!). Anyway, I digress...

To change the subject... Lately I have been hearing that this year is the "Year of the Scarf". Well I couldn't be happier about this fact! I love scarves!!! They are just so cute and they add a little something to an otherwise plain outfit. They keep you warm and fashionable all at the same time. :) I went to Walmart after my NR meeting and decided to look for some. I found some and they were only $5!!! What a steal! I warn you though, if you are going to go partake in this awesome deal, that there are two types of $5 scarves. One type (which I came across first) is very cheap looking. They feel weird and don't look very good. They comes in many different colors/patterns, but they aren't very eye catching. I was a little disappointed, but decided to wander around a bit, and came across some more scarves. Jackpot! There was another section of scarves in the next aisle and they were cute, a nice material, and the colors were very poppy and vibrant. I was super pleased and snatched up three different colors. :) I also ended up getting two pairs of scrub pants and two scrub tops. I'm a nurse now, you can never have too many pairs of scrubs. :)

Well, I should get going. I need to eat dinner, and then I'm going to a movie with some girlfriends. We'll be minus one :( but she is going to get the scoop on the latest cast off of the Bachelor. I haven't watched in several seasons and now I'm back in it. The Bachelor is so sweet though, it's hard not to like him. Of course I also have my favorite girls. :) Anyway... I better go...

Until.......................................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you post a pic of the scarves? I'm always in the market for a good scarf.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of scarves, you need to go to thebigmama.com and look at her Fashion Friday, edition 47. hilarious video about scarves.