Thursday, January 15, 2009

Less Unofficial Than Before...

How confusing!

I got my pass letter today! Yay!!! That means that I am less unofficial than I was when I checked online last Friday. I am closer to being official! I had to detach the bottom half of a piece of the paper and send it in with a $50 fee for licensure.

Are you kidding me?!?!?

Have I not already paid enough? Not only have I paid all of these semesters of tuition, but also for a review class, the actual test (which was like 2 separate fees), my fingerprinting.... The fees are astronomical! This better be the last time I have to pay for anything regarding my license! I'm done! As soon as my license gets here I will officially be official!

Along with my licensure fee form I got this beauty....

Yup, that's my pass letter. I had to take that in to HR today to get my status and my pay changed. That's a whole other story though... soon to come.

Can you even believe that picture? I'm barely smiling and my hair is sticking out!!! It looks like I was about to throw up, or had been atleast! Granted I was feeling quite queasy the morning of my test, but I didn't know I looked that bad. Obviously, the grainy black and white picture on a piece of paper doesn't help the matter, but this will be in my employee record. Bummer...

So, I was super excited when Robin called and said she got her letter, so I went and checked my mail. It was there!!!! We decided to go right up to HR and have our status changed and get our new RN, BSN badges! :) I was excited to say the least.

Robin and I arrived at about the same time and the clerk copied our pass letters, and we also handed over our NCLEX review class verification so we could be reimbursed since we had passed. The clerk told us to hold on for a minute while... we'll call her Ms. Crabby Pants... looked over our papers and would come out and talk to us.

Pretty soon Ms. Crabby Pants came out and looked around. "Who's Megan?" Uh...that's me. The rest of the conversation went down hill from there. She asked where I was going to work, told me to go to the RN orientation starting the 28th, and proceeded to absolutely freak out about when my pay would switch over from New Grad salary to RN. So after we talked about not being able to switch salary mid-pay period, and when our new salary would go into affect, I mentioned I needed a new badge. Well, that was my first mistake. I never should have said anything in front of her. She went off on a tangent that I was NOT allowed to get a RN badge until I started RN orientation (or would no longer be working as a graduate nurse). Seriously?! I'm only going to be working as a "graduate nurse" for 2 more days. But NO, she wouldn't let me get the RN badge. She went on to explain how expensive the badges were (Uh, then why am I not getting an RN badge since I am one anyway?!) Well, I had to have a new one because I needed special access that I wasn't able to have in my other job on 2400. Then the guy messed up my badge and he had to make me another one with a Children's Hospital logo on it. If she had just let me have a RN badge we would not have wasted 2 badges. You see my point? So then, lastly, she got all psychotic over my NCLEX reimbursement. She went through this whole long spiel that she had other more important priorities to take care of this week and she would not send in the reimbursement to the county until next week. Plus, the refund would be sent to our house. Whatever! At this point I just wanted her to walk away from me and leave me alone.

So, alas, I did not walk out with my RN badge with the nice red tag behind it. :( I am deterred for another week. Just as well... I will probably get a new picture taken and now that I have "Orientation" ("NCLEX"'s cousin) trying to make herself known on my chin I will need a couple days to get rid of her. Seriously, stress is not my friend.

So that's what I've been up to. Orientation all week. I think many of my brain cells have died of boredom over these last four days. I look forward to reading Eclipse tonight and tomorrow. Maybe I can finish it! :) One can only hope... or atleast Robin hopes. :) hee hee...

Until................................

1 comment:

heartsfulloflove said...

oh boy--maybe Ms. crabby pants has the winter blues--lol!
YAY for passing and being an RN though--even Ms. Crabby pants can't take that one away.