Friday, October 10, 2008

Eye spy...

Ok, so a couple days ago I noticed that my hurt when I rubbed it, so I looked in the mirror and saw this....



What is that??? At first I thought it was a stye, but a stye is usually located at the base of an eyelash and this is inside my eye. It only hurts every once in awhile when I squint or touch it (which I've been avoiding at all cost the last couple days). It's a little swollen on the inside too. Today it feels much better, but is still red.


I know, you are probably thinking "You're the nurse, you should be able to figure out what it is." Well, I'm stumped. I vaguely remember "fishing out" an eyelash a couple of weeks ago, but wouldn't that have irritated it far sooner than just a couple days ago?

If you have any ideas let me know. As of now I'm not touching it and have not been wearing my contacts. :( It's so hard too since it's been sunny outside and I want to wear my sunglasses.


Until............................

1 comment:

Dave, Andria, Brooke and Hannah said...

It looks like you scratched your eye. Maybe by removing the eyelash? I would maybe have a dr. look at it. Just in case it is a little infected since you said it is swollen. not good. :(