Monday, February 25, 2008

So far, much better....

I know, I know... you're thinking "Who died? What happened?" since I'm posting on Monday. I don't usually post on Monday nights because I don't often have time. I'm usually still knee deep in paperwork at this time, but by the grace of God I only have one patient tomorrow (although he is in isolation for MRSA, and we all know how much of a treat that is) and I got out of school by 4:30 instead of 6:30. I actually made it home before my mom!
On the downside, I was feeling a little puny today, but nothing too awful. I'll probably head to bed in the next hour or so, otherwise my head will hit the keyboard out of exhaustion.
So anyway, yes, today was better than I thought it would be. I was still stressed, but this whole one patient thing was fantastic. The funny thing is I had already been assigned this patient a few weeks ago. He didn't end up wanting me on the actual clinical day though, so I wasn't technically involved with him at all. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I had a small part of his paperwork already done, so it took me even less time. Praise God!!! So, hopefully he still wants me tomorrow and I don't have to "work on the fly" tomorrow with a new patient.
I am feeling a little better (emotionally that is) today. Yesterday I finally had a major breakdown. I think I cried with my mom for a good 15 minutes and just let out my frustrations and anger and anything else I could think of. I felt pretty drained afterwards, but a whole lot better too. Now, hopefully I can make it through the next two weeks until spring break. This Wednesday will be a test of my strength again. I made two home visit appointments for only 2 hours apart. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking, but hopefully all will work out and I will get everything done that I hope to.
Alright, well I just wanted to update you all and let you know I had survived the dreaded Monday.
Oh, and pray that the roads are safe and driveable tomorrow. We're supposed to get that crazy "S" word again, and I would really like it if school wasn't cancelled since I don't want to have to make up a clinical or anything crazy like that.
Ok, well I better get to bed soon. Have a good next few days, and I'll be back later this week.
Until.................

1 comment:

Dave, Andria, Brooke and Hannah said...

He put me on Provera to start my cycle again so he can do the blood work and then he is putting me on Chlomid once my cycle is started (like the 3rd or 4th day) He told me that I will be at risk for twins, but no higher multiples. I'm just glad that something is actually happening now. Thanks for asking :-) Love you