Friday, February 15, 2008

Hair today, gone tomorrow...

That title is so over used, but until I can think of something better it stays....
So lets have a recap of the day, shall we?
I didn't do too much this morning. I should have been studying, but whatever... that's what I'll do tomorrow and Sunday. I met my partner for our community project around noon and we drove around "population area" doing our windsheild survey. Basically what that means is we drove around for an hour and wrote down what we saw. It was pretty boring, but we had to do it for our part of the paper. So we finished up with that around 1:15.
Then I headed over to meet Hol. She was getting her hair cut. She had emailed me a potential hair cut the night before, and it was WAY different from what she had. It was time for a change....
So we arrive at Pure Essence a little before two. No one was inside... was that good or bad??? So we met her stylist and she sits down to start. This is where the real fun began....
Hol showed her the picture and she started cutting. Since Hol has curly hair, the stylist opted to cut it dry. Yes... dry. The more she cut, the bigger it got. That was a little scary, but Hol was tough, and no tears were shed (not that there would have been if she had been upset).
So the girl washes her hair, and goes back to the chair to start styling. There wasn't much talking (which was good. Concentration was imperative). So Hol asks where she worked before PE, because they just opened in September. The girl replies, "Oh I'm just out of school. This is my first salon I've worked at." *silence* Hol kept her cool, but inside I was going "Oh great". The girls did a great cut, you gotta give her props for that, but when it came to styling, she was a little lost with the task of curly hair. It was fine though, Hol went home and re-did it herself, and her hair is ADORABLE! She was in need of a change, and her reward for finally taking the plunge was an excellent new hair-do! Below are pictures of the process. Your welcome....

(The before shot. Look how long it is!)

(Cutting the curls DRY!)

(Bye bye curls. We will miss you!)

(Discussing the style)

(Final touches to the cut before going for the wash)

(Right before she started drying it. She curled it with her fingers to enhace her natural curls.)


(Partially dry)




(The finished product. Isn't she pretty?)


I was also going to blog about our girls night, but seriously, who can follow the incredible hair story I just provided. :p I'm tired, so I'll blog later. Sorry for the lack of creativity in this post, but really, did you want to read or just look at the pictures? That's what I thought...
Until next time......

Shoutout: Jeff... Holla!!

No comments: