Sunday, February 24, 2008

"...and much study wearies the body."

I kind of took that part of Ecclesiastes 12:12 out of context, because the Bible is talking about how you should only study on the Bible, because other things will fill you with untruthful knowledge. I'm using it in reference to my own studying for school. I thought this last week was going to be fairly easy, because of various different reasons. It was quite a smack in the face when it turned out to be anything but easy. There were many tears shed and some late nights, but I'm glad to say that week is over, and a new one started today.

Today when I got home from church I saw a big post office box sitting on the counter with my name one it. I knew what it was, but didn't open it right away. It was a care package from the church. They'd been collecting items for a few weeks so that they could give them to college students or people overseas. I figured, what would be the point, it was just going to be filled with candy, pens, crackers, etc. Nothing that couldn't wait until after I changed my clothes, let the dog out, finished reading my magazine, and ate lunch.

Well, my mom and dad got home from Walmart, and my mom told me to open the box so we could see what was in it, so I did. On top of all the things that I thought would be inside the box (that were when I dug around) was a note from the CBC Ladies' Missionary Fellowship. There are probably a dozen little notes on the paper with encouragements like, "Enjoy the treats and know that love and prayers were packed inside also!", "We will be praying for you! Keep up the good work.", "May God bless you as you study nursing.", "You were prayed for tonight.", "I am praying for you and your busy schedule and that you will feel the love and peace of Jesus surround you.", and my personal favorite "Be not weary in well doing." Could this package have come at a better time?? This was exactly what I needed. Not the box full of candy (although I did already eat three pieces), but the notes of encouragement.



This semester is very tough and there is a lot going on, so I feel like I don't get to do anything fun anymore. I barely have time to do anything when I'm not studying, eating or sleeping. I'd love to be the carefree person I was just last semester, but I don't see that happening anytime in the next 10 weeks, so this is a forewarning people.... I'm going to be a stressed out, high strung, sleep-deprived, train wreck for awhile. So steer clear if you don't want to deal with this walking mess.

Well, I should get some studying in since I have a quiz tomorrow. Hope you all have a good rest of your weekend, and have a better week than I did last week. I'm starting over this week, maybe you can too.

Until next time............

No comments: