Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ode to Holli....

How do I begin to describe Holli? She is kind, compassionate, loving, understanding... she is my sister, my friend, and most importantly my own personal GEEK SQUAD!
Tonight was horrific! When I got home after clinical (an hour early I might add) I thought "It's done. The week is over. Hallelujah! I can put this awful week behind me and look forward to the next." Ooohhhh was I wrong....
I should have finished my paperwork for Adult last night. I admit it. However, I was tired and I knew that I would be able to squeeze it in tonight because my paperwork for Community was shorter than normal because I was offsite. So, I come home at around 3:30 and start in on my paperwork around 4:30. At 5:05 all that was right with my world came to a screeching halt. I was two sentences away from completing my 10 PAGE clinical journal when all of sudden it said there was an error when I tried to save. No big deal right? I'll just try again. WRONG! It wouldn't let me try again, and to top it all off it RENAMED my document! Can it do that??? I guess, so because it did and then it closed the program. *crickets* I sat there for a second stunned at what had just happened. I tried to retrieve it with no such luck. I did find the renamed file, but it wouldn't let me open it because it said it had been renamed and this shortcut no longer worked. Are you kidding me?!?!? I felt like I was in a nightmare. You know the kind where you're back in your old high school and you can't remember the combination for your locker and you're late to class....
So this is when my beloved sister comes into the picture. I'm pretty computer savvy, but when I have a problem she's the one I call. I called her up acting all hysterical-like to which she tells me to calm down. Calm down??? After I just lost my 10 page clinical journal??? How is it possible to stay calm in a situation like that?? So she rushes over to help me, and after about 10 minutes of fiddling around and restarting my computer she finally retrieves the original document and saves it to my hard drive instead of my flash drive. (We are thinking the sudden malfunction has something to do with the fact I had my flash in use when the power went out a couple weeks ago.)
So, crisis averted, Holli named hero of the day, journal for clinical has officially been sent off, so I can breath easy now. *sigh* Talk about stress.....
Now I am going to relax on the couch and watch a little tv as I try to forget about this horrible week. Hope your week has been better than mine so far..... I'm sure I'll be back later this week. I just had to share with you all about my hero/sister.
Until next freakout..... I mean time......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...

Anonymous said...

Aww...

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey. :)