Friday, February 22, 2008

Moments from a Meltdown...

I almost had a breakdown today. I thought this week was going to be nice and easy since I only had one patient for Adult and I was offsite for Community. WRONG!!! I don't know what happened, but I pretty much worked on school stuff ALL day on Thursday and then today I was just going to do one or two small things, and it ended up being so much more. By 2:30 I HAD to get out of the house. I was going crazy!! So what's the most logical thing to do? I shopped....
I ran to the bank, let my mom know I could be reached by cell (because if she calls and I'm not home, she freaks out) and I hightailed it to our neighboring city. I was having issues with a login for school, so I made a pitstop at school to get that cleared up, talked with one of my instructors about my project, and then off to the mall I went.
The mall was pretty deserted, so I went straight to where I had to go and then got out. Then I ran to Target in search of a baby gift (for little Maia Ruth), but instead left empty handed. I saw a couple cute things, but I guess I wasn't in as big of a mood to shop as I thought I was. Oh well, I still have another week before I need to have the gift. I might go try again some other time this weekend.
After dinner my dad and I went printer shopping, because we only have one printer, and it's connected to the dinosaur computer. Seriously, it takes me 20 minutes to print out two pages, when it should only take me 2 minutes tops. So now I have a nice all-in-one printer on my desk. As if I needed something else on here. Good grief!
That pretty much leads us up to right now. Oh, I did want to mention two things. One of my dear friends, Ashley got into a car accident yesterday on her way to school. The roads were a little slippery from the snow we got and she spun out and got t-boned by a camaro. She wasn't seriously hurt, Thank God, but it shook her up and she's quite sore. So pray for my buddy that she heals quickly and can get back to normal. Also, on a kind of funny note (kind of not), I woke up at 4 this morning to a THUD above me. Then I heard my dad get out of bed in a hurry and run around their bed. (There room is directly above mine) I heard some indistinct shuffling overhead and then nothing. I was so exhausted because I had only been asleep for a few hours, so I rolled over and went back to sleep. In the back of my head though I was wondering if my mom passed or something though. You know what... SHE DID!! She said that last night when she was changing clothes so she could go get her hair cut and colored she hurt her back somehow. Well, when she woke up it still hurt. She washed her hair and when she got in the bathroom she felt kind of sick so she leaned against the vanity, and the next thing she knows, she on the floor. Haha... if anyone is going to pass out it is going to be someone in my family. My sis Holli and I are known for it. We have some pretty hilarious stories, but I'll save that for some other time. :) Anyway, she says she's ok now, her back still hurts, but she's fine. I don't know what that's about, but we'll watch her and see if it happens again.
Alright, well this old woman is going to take a shower, get in her jammies, and probably be in bed before 10 again. I'm exhausted after my long week. I'll be back at some point this weekend, I'm sure.
Until then... have a good weekend.....

No comments: