Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Torn Between Two Loves...

Dear Starbucks (specifically Lite Caramel Frap),

I don't want you to get the wrong idea. You have served me well. You are my go to place when I need a caffeinated beverage. You have always been there when I needed a quick fix no matter the time of day, and I've loved you dearly for years. 

However, in my recent months of trying to eat better and lose some weight I have had to make sacrifices. Unfortunately you have been one of them. :( Not only has your calorie content been bad, but it's been harder for me to justify the price as well. I couldn't look myself in the mirror anymore after sucking down a $4 [small] drink under 10 minutes, let alone the 250+ calories I consumed. 

I don't want this to sound harsh, but I've found myself a new summer love. Before the other day, Sonic (specifically Diet Cherry Limeade) and I are were just acquaintances from days gone by. Ever since our reintroduction though, I've fallen fast. My medium sized DCL has only 18 calories, and he tastes so delicious. He is sweet, but yet has a little bit of a kick. To top it off, he's half-price from 2-4p. That's only 18 calories for $0.97. I know, what you're going to say... you're sweet too, which is true, but you can't beat that price or calorie content. 

Please don't come to my bedroom window with your boom box in tow blaring 'In Your Eyes'. I don't know if I'll be able to stand it. Don't be too down hearted though. I'll be back for occasional visits. I would miss you too much. This is just a summer fling. You know I can't resist you in wintertime with your vanilla lattes. :)

I don't want you to look at this as me cheating on you. Just think of it as broadening my scope of beverages for the good of my waistline and my wallet. I do have a bridesmaid dress to fit into after all.

With Love and Fond Memories, M

No comments: