Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One Size Does NOT Fit All...

Yesterday was a fun day. I went out to lunch with my cousin Rachel and then we shopped until we dropped for 3 1/2 hours. She brought along a cd that she thought I would enjoy, and oh was she right. We listened to Ingrid Michaelson's cd 'Girls and Boys' non-stop and she even gave me the copy she had made at the end of our full day. :)
I have since then done nothing but hum the song "The Hat". I'm particularly fond of this verse: "I knitted you a hat all blue and gold/ To keep your ears warm from the Binghamton cold./It was my first one and it was too small./It didn't fit you at all, but you wore it just the same. What's not to love about those lyrics? It just brings a smile to your face. :)
We ran all over and I ended up getting a few shirts from Gap, an ADORABLE purple dress from Target, and some unmentionables from Victoria's Secret because I had a $10 off card. I think I have officially fallen back in love with Gap. For awhile there I couldn't find anything that I was really happy with, but ever since I bought my white skirt there around April I have since been frequenting the online store and could hardly contain my joy when I went in there yesterday. I found an adorable purple [apparently those two words can not be separated] and grey skirt. I put it back though and I'm glad I did. I got a 40% off coupon for next week, so I shall promptly go back on a day off next week and get it. :)
Now, can I just talk about something a little sensitive for a moment? [Boys, stop reading this paragraph.] I want to talk about women's underwear. There are some things that they are meant to do and there are other things that they were just not designed for. For instance, no one pair of underwear should be asked to be "One Size Fits All". That's just too much to ask of one undergarment. God made everyone in all different shapes and sizes and for that very fact I find it highly impossible to have a pair of underwear be "one size fits all". I was so disturbed by that when the sales lady told me that. Something I was even more disturbed by was the male working behind the counter. [Um, excuse me sir, do you know what store you're in? You do? Just to be clear, you know you're not working at a Menard's, right? Ok, just checking.] I was highly uncomfortable by him being there. I don't think I've ever seen a man working in that store. Ever. I honestly hope to never see him again.
As for my ADORABLE purple dress from target, let's just say I came home and bought a black one online too. :) It's cute, comfortable, and in my opinion you can never have too many of those kind of dresses.
After shopping Rach and I went to Sonic for Happy Hour. I decided to get out of my DCL comfort zone and try a Mango something or other. Let's just say, I will be getting my DCL from here on out with no need to branch out of my comfort zone EVER AGAIN.

After shopping I came home and made dinner for the fam, and then us girls headed to a friends house to watch the Bachelorette. It was the finale, so we had a little party. Basically what that means is that a half dozen or so of us girls got together, gabbed a bunch, and ate a TON. It was a good thing I hadn't eaten too much earlier that day because I more than made up for it then. I laughed a lot though, so I'm sure I burned off all those calories I consumed. Right??
Because this post is already long enough I'm going to be short about this.
Kiptyn- I felt bad for him at the end. I am an Ed fan, but Kip really was a good guy and I felt a twinge of sadness that she didn't pick him.
Reid- What the world?? I mean, I knew you came back, but seriously dude, you came on a little lot too strong. She sent you home, and you can't just come back, propose, and man handle her into saying yes. Doesn't work that way buddy! I was even more disappointed in him with what he had to say once in the limo taxi-van. I'd always liked you Reid, but you made me lose respect for you there.
Ed- :) You knew they had something special when you saw how broken up she was when he left, and not to mention how happy she was when he came back. I hope they last! How cute was the little recap segment when they played that Martina McBride song? A-dorable! I'm a little nervous about the "After the Final Rose" tonight. Hopefully things went well for them during their time apart. We shall see....

Ok, well I must get ready. I'm watching down at the girl's house tonight. So we can be elated or outraged together. Hopefully not the latter.

Until.....................

2 comments:

heartsfulloflove said...

I became very unhappy with VS about a year ago when they had a male working there--and trying to assist in the selection of undergarments. I was so unhappy that I wrote the company an email. I haven't been there very much since.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!