Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mac'n it...

Well, I bought myself a laptop. A Macbook to be exact. I've been researching laptops for the past 2 weeks or so and finally settled on Apple's Mac. I had wanted a laptop for awhile and since my computer is really my parents that they bought so I could use for school, I thought it was time I bought my own. I did thorough research, as always [I can't even buy a song off of itunes without thoroughly researching reviews and lyrics.]

When I was pricing the Mac I saw that there was an educational deal that they were offering. Discount on computers and a free itouch for practically anyone related to the educational world. Well, I decided to investigate because after all I am a "lifelong learner" [so says my college professors over and over again]. I went back and forth, back and forth on whether or not to use the deal. I am after all going back to school. Sure not this year or maybe next, but I am eventually... I think. Well there wasn't any verification that you needed to provide if you bought online, but there was a possibility of them spot checking. I'm not sure what would happen if they found out you didn't qualify, but I wasn't willing to take the chance. My conscience won out and I didn't use the discount.

I also ended up paying a little extra to have it shipped sooner. I knew I would be too anxious to wait for long. What were a few extra dollars after the money I had just dropped on it already? My friend from work told me that when she ordered hers it ended up being shipped from China. China! Well, that would take forever! So I paid the extra shipping fee, and waited patiently for the notification that it had shipped. I finally got the email and do you know what it said? Shipment picked up. Location: Memphis, TN. What?! That state is a mere 7 hours away! A different state! Not even another country! I'd been bamboozled! Oh well... I'm glad I paid the extra shipping, because just the 4 short days just about did me in.

I actually got it yesterday, but I didn't even get to play with it until tonight. I worked last night and then came home to sleep so that I could meet my cousins for a mini-photo shoot for my cousin's twins. They are so adorable! 

I'm slowly getting the hang of all of the differences between a Mac and a normal PC. Anyone who has a Mac and has discovered short cuts and such are welcome to give me advice on the whole thing. :)

Well, I'm off to do some more research on the wonders of a Mac... [How many times have I said the word "Mac" in this post? Too many!]

Until..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randy and I both have Macbooks - love them!

Congrats on your purchase.