Friday, July 17, 2009

"Sometimes You Wanna Go Where Everybody Knows Your Name"

This morning after I got off work my mom and I went to Bob Evans for breakfast. One, because we hadn't done that in a long time, and two because I was craving some sausage gravy and biscuits. Yum!

Since we went right when I got home we were there by 8 o'clock and there were barely any cars in the parking lot. Shocking since they open at 6 o'clock. :) We got inside and were seated almost immediately. It didn't take long for me to feel completely out of place. I kid you not everyone in that place knew eachother by name except for me and mom. Can we say outsiders? I felt like I was being excluded from their breakfast club or something. Everyone knew Douglas, who was sitting the booth next to us. All the waitresses and customers that passed by said "Hey Douglas" or "Douglas, I thought you were going to shave that scruff off your face last week." or "Well, Douglas, how are you today? I see you still have that list you've been working on." In my effort to fit in I almost leaned over the aisle and said "So what kind of list? You going shopping later today, because I am." However, there just wasn't enough time between ordering, shoveling our food in our mouths in under 10 minutes and getting our check. Darn.. he seemed like a super cool guy too.

I wonder how many times you have to go into a place to get people to know and remember your name like that? Do you think more times than my biannual (sometimes only annual) visit?

After breakfast my mom and I ran to Walmart for laundry detergent and to look for patio chairs to place under our brand new pergola. No such luck on the chairs, but we did get the detergent and I picked up some cake mixes so I could make some more Death by Chocolate cupcakes. Yum!

Then, I came home for a quick 2-hour "pick me up" and got ready to go shopping with Holli. I was very excited about this. I think it's been weeks since we did something together that lasted longer than an hour. Our schedules are a little opposite with me working nights and mostly weekends this past month or so. It was very nice to just relax and catch up even though between the two of us there were only two shirts purchased (one for each of us).

I have this whole weekend off so tomorrow us girls are going out to lunch, then to a friend's birthday party and lastly, to round it all out, a movie. Oh the sweetness of having an entire weekend off. I almost forgot how it felt. It's beautiful outside too, so that's a perk!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get that chance to "take a break from all your worries" and get a chance "to get away" to somewhere where "everybody knows your name"....

Until....................

No comments: