Friday, January 25, 2008

Girl's Night Out

You gotta love a good girl's night out... that is unless you're a guy I suppose.
Robin, Ashley and I went out to eat at Granite city tonight (yum!), followed by an hour at Panera drinking some warm beverages to waste time before our movie. We went to see 27 Dresses. It was pretty good. We had a few laughs, and the story was enjoyable. The theatre was PACKED! It was ridiculous. And of course one of the most obnoxious people had to come sit by me. It's like I have flypaper on me, and the most annoying people are attracted to it. This older gentleman and his wife were the flies tonight. He sat next to me, and of course me being the person that needs personal space, I asked him if it would be ok with him if I put the arm rest down. His wife must have been a little hard of hearing because when I put the armrest down she piped in and told her husband, "What if she didn't want the armrest down?" To which he politely replied, "She asked to have it put down." We shared a chuckle, ha ha, and then I turned back to talk with my friends. I should have been tipped off right there that they were not suitable "neighbors". For some reason this guy was a little confused by some parts in the movie. It seemed like every 15 minutes or so he asked his wife a question about something. Although, for all I know maybe he didn't want to see this movie and he was just trying to keep himself awake by asking questions. Who knows... the movie was pretty easy to follow, so I'm not sure what the deal was. If the movie had been bad I would have been even more upset, but it was enjoyable so I could overlook his talking.
Alright, so let's backtrack to the restaraunt. Granite City. Doesn't it just sound delicious? Ashley and I both had buffalo burgers, and they were yummy. Robin had some beef thing I think. I can't remember. All I know is she got a big thing of mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese on it, and that alone would make me want to order that next time. But it was an enjoyable meal, and the atmosphere was nice as well. Definitely get there early on a Friday night though. There were a lot of people waiting for a table when we left at 6.
Ok, well I think I'm done for now. Just wanted to let you in on my fun girl's night. It was a good stress reliever at the end of my week. Now I get to start it all over again in a couple days.
Have a good weekend!!!

No comments: