Friday, September 12, 2008

Waiting, Procrastinating, and MOPS-ing...

This past week has been a ridiculous whirlwind, hence the zero blog posts. Friday night was a movie/dinner night for the singles at church. We ate pizza, watched two movies and then went home around midnight. Saturday I worked 7p-7a (I won't even get into that, because a week has gone by and I don't want to dwell on it). Sunday I slept a little in the morning then was up the rest of the afternoon trying to work on assignments for school, but it's not easy when you're tired. I think I'm going to have to forget about doing 3rd shift while I'm still in school. Monday morning I had my first "real nurse" job interview. I wasn't nervous until I got there then the butterflies were going crazy in my stomach. My interview ended up lasting TWO hours! I think it went well, but the bad thing is that the manager had to go out of town for a conference so I won't hear if I got it or not until after Tuesday of this week! Talk about stressing me out! So I'm waiting with nervous anticipation to get a call from HR next week to tell me if I have a job or not. Ahhh!
Tuesday went by rather quickly. In my morning class we were learning about ventilation, so they brought in pig heart and lungs. Before you get all in a tizzy... the pigs were being slaughtered that day anyway, so there was nothing inhumane about killing them and taking their organs. .... I realize how that just sounded. Let's just say it was a good experience, but it was a little sad. No laws were broken, so don't go callin' PETA on us. :p The demonstration just helped us understand ventilation and mechanical ventilation better.
Wednesday rolled around again and it was clinical time! Doing two clinicals back to back is exhausting, but when I'm actually living it the days go by so fast. I finished my 3rd journal this week so only one more to go and I'm done. Woohoo!
I've been trying to finish writing a paper all week, but my motivation has been slim to none. I'm almost done, and should be able to crankt he rest out in an hour then I will have my weekend free. Well, sort of... I don't usually procrastinate, but this semester is so chaotic that I find myself putting things off longer, because I have so many other things due. I can only take so much at one time before my head wants to explode. We're already getting ready to start week 5, so I'm moving right along.
Today I went to help with MOPS. I was in charge of the nursery. That was a little complicated since I had never been in charge, I had only helped. I pretty much could have figured it out on my own, but some people wanted to help. Next month should be better and less.... chaotic? I think we ended up with 11 babies. At one point I think there were atleast 9 crying at the same time. Ha! Overall they were very good and it wasn't too traumatizing that I would refuse to go back. ;) It's only for 2hours every 2nd Friday. I think I can handle it.
Well, that's what's been going on with me. Nothing too exciting, so don't feel as though you've been missing out or anything. Oh yea, I added the "follower" feature, so feel free to add yourself. It's at the bottom of the column on the right.
Alright, I really need to caffeine or something or I may never finish this paper. Ugh! I think a run to 'Bucks may be in order. Hope you all are staying dry and having a wonderful Friday!
I'll try and return before another week passes. No promises though....


No comments: