Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesdays are my Mondays....

You know how people absolutely dread Monday because it is the beginning of the week? Well Monday is my Tuesday. Today I had a test. That alone would put anyone in a bad mood. It just so happens to be my first test of the semester. When I walked out I was not feeling to great about it. Then I had to go over to the SICU to get my patient for tomorrow. I was spoiled by not having to go over at all so far this semester to get my patients the night before. I was crabby about having to go back. I ended up only being there for like 15 minutes and then I grabbed a quick bite to eat and "rushed" off to Management. I really do not like this class. It's not so much the general concept that I don't like, it's the busy work! I have enough to do already, so I don't need to be adding stupid textbook activities to my list of weekly things to do. *sigh*
I was quite crabby when I got home from school. Then, my good friend (and 1/3 of the 3 musketeers) Robin called to tell me that our complex test grades were up. I don't remember her exact words, but basically she was in disbelief. That scared me, so I checked my grade and soon I was in disbelief as well. I got a 97% on my first test of the semester! I think that is the first time I've gotten such a high grade on the first test before. Maybe things are "clicking" after all. :) That gave my mood a boost. I quickly deflated though because I was so exhausted. I pushed on though and made myself do some work, even though it wasn't much.
Tomorrow and Thursday are clinical days, but when I get home I seriously need to start my senior project. I only have a few weeks to pull it all together, and I hate procrastinating.

So, I haven't really blogged about my job other than to tell you all I got it. I got the offer Monday afternoon and it took me all of 2 seconds to accept. After graduation I will be a RN in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. This is the job I wanted and after an unusually long wait after my interview I got it. :) Needless to say I was ecstatic! So the 3 Musketeers live on!!!
Robin and I were talking Sunday night while we were studying and we were trying to figure out when exactly we became friends. Neither of us could remember, because to us it feels like we've been friends forever. She atleast remembered the first time we talked (when we were buying our first patches). I couldn't even remember that. :p Can't imagine ever not knowing Robin now. Ashley and I have known each other since high school. We go way back. :) The three of us are inseperable now, so don't even try to mess with us! We are gonna rock NICU!

Alright, I seriously need some sleep. Tomorrow will be filled with a little bit of sensory overload. It's been a few weeks since I've been in the ICU, so monitors and alarms will surely be in my dreams tomorrow night. :)

Until..............................

No comments: