Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas tag

OK, so I "borrowed" this from another blog. The funny thing about this is that this woman admitted that she would not have done this "tag" if the woman she borrowed it from had actually tagged her because she is rebellious like that. I started to laugh, because that is so me! If someone had tagged me with this I probably wouldn't have done it or would have taken forever to do it, because "I'm just rebellious like that". :) Anyway...on to the post....

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper! As we have gotten older my extended family has begun using more bags and it is just NO fun! So I try my hardest to wrap, wrap, wrap!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial! If you had been in my family and seen all the real trees we had that have fallen on my dad, been laying on the floor when we got home, or just looked awful and crooked you would get an artificial one too.
3. When do you put up the tree? Most likely the weekend after Thanksgiving. I always put our little one up Thanksgiving night, although last year everyone was bah humbug except for me, and I had to put the big one up too AND all the ornaments. I mean come one people! Where was your Christmas spirit??
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime around New Years. My mom loves our tree once it's up, so she likes to keep it up as long as possible without it being tacky.
5. Do you like eggnog? NO! Blech!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm... probably anything having to do with a baby doll. I was really big into the baby dolls when I was younger. That's probably why I will be working with all the babies. They're like my own little dolls. :) Just kidding...
8. Easiest person to buy for? Dad.. you can't go wrong with by an electronic or power tool.
9. Do You have a nativity scene? Yes... We have the Willow Tree Angels nativity and then I have a Veggie Tales Nativity. It's so cute! The star sings O Little Town of Bethlehem when you push it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Well... if we do them at all it would be by mail. My mom was never big into sending one out every year, so we just do one sporadically. Us girls never really change anyway, so all people need is a picture every couple of years. :p
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Scary Jesus!!! Mean Lisa wrapped up one of those scary jesus things that you put in your window and it looks like his eyes follow you. *shudder* Talk about scarred for life!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I LOVE White Christmas of course, but Elf has been on my top favorites list the past few years. So funny! I really, truth be told, love many Christmas movies. I'm always glued to my tv around the Christmas holiday.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Well, I used to be early like my mom, you know everything done by Thanksgiving, but the last few years I've not started until Thanksgiving and then still been shopping the week of Christmas. I've been so busy!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm not sure. Possibly...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Oh there is so much! Broccoli Cheese Casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, desserts, desserts, desserts... I love holidays!
16. Lights on the tree? WHAT?! Who does not put lights on their tree? That should be illegal!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Travel mostly (unless its at our house)... it's a long 4 blocks when my aunt has Christmas.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yup...you bet.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Um... I think we have a bear angel upstairs on the big tree and a star on the little one downstairs.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Well, presents from extended family we open Christmas Eve when we go to my aunts house for our annual Christmas Eve Bash. All other presents are for Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It's a struggle to find things. Instead of people gradually buying things leading up to Christmas they all go and wipe out the entire store the two weeks before Christmas.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? The only theme that is appropriate is Red, green, silver, and gold. Any other color just doesn't seem like Christmas to me. I'm anti- red and green together all the other months of the year. This is the month where those colors can be mixed and I don't get annoyed. :)
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Turkey of course, and all of the other foods I mentioned before, plus a whole lot more!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Please, if I had any ideas my mom wouldn't be bugging me so much.

Alright... take it as you wish. Whether you do it on your blog or not is up to you. Just have fun!

Until.................................

No comments: