Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve and a Movie...

Both parents had to work the first half of the day so the three of us girls were on our own. We decided to go see a movie around noon. We decided on Twilight. I was already... familiar... with the movie, but Hol and Lis hadn't seen it yet. So off we went...
The movie was very good, and we all enjoyed it. It's not just about vampires. It's more of a love story than anything. I'm reading the book right now, and the movie is very true to form. I'm quite pleased with both. I just have to put a disclaimer here though... there are some freaky fans out there. I am NOT one of them. I really enjoyed the movie, and am anxiously anticipating the one to follow, and even have the books, but I am not a "fanpire" or whatever they're calling themselves. Those people quite frankly scare me sometimes. I am not one of them. Oh, and I am definitely NOT running around asking people to "bite" me. Yes, that has been happening with these fans. Weird I tell you... Ok... I just had to put that out there.....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas Eve service started at 4p, so we didn't have too much time in between the movie and then before we had to leave. Mom and Dad were home when we got back from the movie so we got some stuff ready for later that night and then were off to church. There were scripture readings, music, and stories. The service only lasted about 45 minutes and then we were off to our family celebration....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so this year our annual tradition was re-instated. Last year we didn't have Christmas Eve festivities at my aunt and uncles because my aunt had some health issues and was recovering from surgery. This year.. it was back on!

A little background.... Every year since I can remember my mom's side of the family has gotten together for a big exchanging-of-gifts extravaganza between the family. It's when all of the aunts and uncles give their gifts to the neices and nephew (yes, that is no plural. My poor cousin Jared was the only boy out of the 12 cousins. In fact, he was a twin, so he was like a bonus baby). Over the years some of the cousins have gotten married or had babies so our size/number has fluctuated over time. This year was a bit smaller than normal, but none the less it was still a good time. The night was consumed with Guitar Hero for the younger ones, and even the real guitar at times. There was way too much food, and my aunt made her famous barbeque which was especially good this year. I think I devoured my sandwich in all of 2 minutes. :)

(Rach...)

(...she had some mad skills on GH)

(Holli...)

(...not so much)

(Rach showing Lisa how to play the real guitar)


We eventually opened presents...



(Dave and Andi (+ little baby girls...still in utero))

The night ended pretty early for me because I hadn't slept good at all the night before. I was exhausted. More festivites to come in the morning anyway.......

Until.......................

No comments: