Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Where did the last few days go?

This I ask you...

Did you miss me? :)

I can't believe that it will be Wednesday tomorrow. It was just last Wednesday that I had my little "allergic reaction episode". Since then I've been feeling kind of ick. I'm not sure if it's my medicine (which by the way I forgot to take tonight...shoot!) or if it's just because I'm tired. I ended up missing working Wednesday night, because well... you know. I can't very well work when I'm a patient in the ER. So I moved my night to work to Thursday night.

Thursday. That was a crazy night and thankfully it was only 3-11p. However, me being the person that I am I stayed over to help another tech get vitals and such at 11, so I didn't end up clocking out until almost 11:30. I came home, took my medicine and ate a little something (because if I don't eat with my medicine I get sick) and then I hopped in the shower. It was half past midnight before I actually crawled into bed. Any other night that wouldn't have been a problem but Friday I was going to Chicago for the day and we were leaving at 7a, which meant I had to be up by atleast 5:30 to get ready.

Friday. Getting up early was not fun. There was no chance of sleeping in the van either, because when you get more than two of us girls in the car it's a chat-fest. I went with my sister Holli, Aunt Kim, cousin's Rachel and Michelle, and Michell's husband Jon. He was our driver. :) We went to IKEA to get some college dorm stuff for Rach and then we headed to the mall. I can't say that I was looking for anything specific, but finding more than a pair of bermuda shorts, a top, and some blush would have been nice. Oh well. The time with family was enjoyable, even if the shopping wasn't great. We got home about 8:30 and I don't even remember what I did.

Saturday. I slept in until about 1p on Saturday because I had to work that night. I just spent a lazy afternoon around the house and that was pretty much it. We were dog-sitting, so we pretty much stayed home and did nothing but watch the Olympics on tv. That night I went to work and spent my last night orienting. It was a rather slow night until 3am. I was bored, tired, and was still feeling a little icky at times. Nothing much to report on the work front.

Sunday. I got home at about 7:30 and ate some breakfast really quick. I was eager to crawl into bed and catch a couple hours of sleep. I had already decided I wasn't going to sleep all day since I needed to be awake during the day this week because of school. I went to sleep before my parent's left for church and my mom woke me up when she got home at about 12:30. I ended up crawling out of bed at 1:15 and took a shower after I ate a little something. It was about 2:15 when it went downhill. I had a stomache bug! So disgusting... I felt like my body was full of lava. I endured this ickiness for about 4 hours and then it finally quit. I was exhausted by that point and lay on the couch all night with the two dogs and watched the Notebook while reading a little bit of Harry Potter. Then I watched the Notebook again, read a little more Harry Potter and was asleep by 11p.

Monday. I got up a little bit early because I wanted to be able to enjoy my last day of freedom. I finished reading HP, watched some of the Olympics and then ran a few last minute school supply errands. Basically the day was spent relaxing and trying to gain enough strength to get me through the next three days.

Tuesday. Finally we arrive to today. My last first day of school (for awhile anyway). It was a long day, and yet it felt like it went pretty fast. SO much information was crammed into this 7 hour day. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, but I've resolved to just take it one step at a time and one week at a time. Seventeen weeks until Graduation! There is lots to do, lots to purchase, and much to cram into my head, but I think I can do it. I mean I've been in school for 17 years I think I can handle 1 more semester. After all, this is what I've been waiting for!

Now that you are caught up on my life I should really get back to doing something for school. First I need to go take my medicine and then I think I'll read a chapter for Management or something. Doesn't that sound like so much fun? Yea right!


No comments: