Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sleep deprived...

I guess I knew that I've been a little sleep deprived lately, but it was definitely apparent when I woke up at 1am this morning. You're probably thinking, "How does that prove you're sleep deprived? You woke up in the middle of the night?" Well, I went to sleep at 10:30 am on Friday and woke up at 1am on Saturday! That's 14 hours people! I slept my whole Friday away! Granted I probably wouldn't have done much anyway, but still. A whole day...gone!

I have 3 days left of work. It seems unreal. It's making me even more anxious that my last semester of school is just a few weeks away. Lord willing I will be a nurse 6 months from now. That crazy for me to even think about! I am almost done with school...forever!! Of course I could go back to get my Masters, but there is no rush and I don't plan on doing that for quite awhile.

Where does time go? I can still remember playing outside at our old house (that we haven't lived in for more than 10 years). Riding my bike up and down the sidewalk in front of our house, playing on the swingset in the backyard.... Where did the time go? How did I get so much older in what seems like such a short amount of time? Did my sisters and I really just go on a girl's vacation this summer? We've been talking about trips like that for years, and we've finally taken our first trip! Life slips by so quickly when we're not watching...

I feel like I should be out enjoying the sunshine. I don't know what to do, but I feel like I need to be out and about today. One reason is I may fall asleep if I don't. Ha! It's so dark in my room, even with the blinds open. I want to enjoy this day before it so quickly slips away....

Hope you can get outside and enjoy the sun today!

Until....................................

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

14 hours of sleep in a row! It sounds like heaven :} I would totally do that if my hubs and kids did not wake me up. Cherish it just a little - there will come a time when you wish you could do it again!!