Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Restaurant Etiquette 101

There are some things that you just don't do when you are in a restaurant.
You don't pick your nose, you don't run out on the bill, and you DON'T just sit there and let your baby scream the entire time you are there.
Robin, Ashley, and I went to T.G.I.Fridays, because Bar Louie was closed due to a fire last night. So instead of a $1 burger I spent $15 on a meal. That chocolate mint mousse dessert was worth every penny though. Yum!!!
Anyway, so from the minute I got there it seems, this family sitting near us was being disruptive. Or rather just one member of their family... a baby. Now I would guess the baby to be around 8 or 9 months old, so I don't blame the baby in the least for being mad, cranky, whatever. I do however become quite ticked when all I can hear is a blood curdling, non-stop scream from a baby only a few feet away. The parents did NOTHING!!! They were waiting for their food, so of course no one was going to get up and go out with her. They were barely even trying to comfort her. EVERYONE was looking at them, and they didn't seem to care... OBVIOUSLY! They did get up once and take her out... when she wasn't even crying anymore!!! Then they brought her back screaming again.
Needless to say us girls ate our desserts at the bar... on the other side of the restaurant. We could still hear her screaming, but atleast it was muffled. The bartender-kid-guy told us they aren't allowed to ask them to leave because it is discrimination towards babies, so everyone in that section had to suffer through the constant crying.
Props to our waitress though. She was FANTASTIC!!!! She was prompt, kept our drinks re-filled, and was very understanding when we wanted to move. Round of applause for Monica at TGIF!!
Alright, well I survived my Ethics test today, and now I'm just waiting for the grade. On to studying for Psych. My last day at the hospital is tomorrow. I'm on the Child/Adolescent floor. The good thing is we don't have to turn in paperwork. Yea! The even better thing is that from now on I will be in Community Psych, so that means no paperwork the night before. Double Yea!!
My belly is full and my brain is tired, so I'm going to bed.
Until next time............

No comments: