Monday, May 18, 2009

Idol-centric

**Originally started May 18th**
It's happened. I'm one of those people. I'm the person who only blogs bimonthly (err...atleast close to it). I'm saddened. It's not like I wanted to stop blogging. I didn't want to run out of stories. I didn't want to become boring. Work and sleeping have consumed my life, and when I'm not doing one of those I'm trying to spend time with family and friends and prepare for vacation. I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but there seems to be no time for blogging in that agenda. I will try harder, but just in case, don't set your expectations too high. I wouldn't want to disappoint any further.


Ok, now that the melodrama and excuses are behind us let's talk Idol. Oh my word! Who would have ever though that little newlywed Kris Allen would have made it to not only the final three but the final TWO! I'm so happy! Attention: This blog does not show favortism to any specific Idol, much to the like as I do not have a biased opinion of any movie, tv show, or book that I encounter..... (except for the fact that it does and I do).

**Updated on May 19th**
Ok, so I started this post the other day and didn't get a chance to finish it. I worked last night so I had to tape the Bachelorette. I'm on call tonight, but so far have not been called in (knocvk on wood). I got to watch the American Idol finale between Adam and Kris and am thrilled that I can now sit here and vote. Of course I'm also waiting to see if I get a call from work so it gets a little tricky with my voting constantly. I must tell you that typing one-handed while voting with the other is hard work. I have to pause typing with my right hand when I redial with my left. So confusing for my head, and my hands.
What was up with that song that Kara co-wrote for the winner? In my opinion it was "foh-gettable" (in the words of Simon Cowell) Why in the world would they write that song if it wasn't suitable for one or both of the idols? I think that whole concept is so stupid. More often than not one person will do way better with the song, and it's not to the fault of the other person. It is because the song choice was unsuitable for both vocal ranges and/or singing styles. How annoying was it that after Kris sang they made comments the song was too high for him? Well, that's not his fault! Oh, Idol-powers-that-be, please here my plea... Stop making these contestants/hopeful artists sing retarded songs that 89% of the time do not coincide with the kind of artist they want to be or properly suit their styles.
I could also go into the whole wardrobe beef I have, but we'll save that for another time. I'm still haunted by the first outfit Adam wore tonight. *shudder*

Well, I reailze this entire post consisted of American Idol, but it's really the only thing I've had time for this week so far. Later I will be watching the Bachelorette, and I'm sure that will be great fun. I briefly got to watch part of it in the breakroom at work last night, and let's just say I saw the end where the one guy kicked a water bottle off of another guy's head. "I can kick really high." Ooookkkaaay..... This season should be interesting...

Until..................

No comments: