Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blonde with Red highlights...

Yes, I know... I thought I'd squeak in one more posting for April.

This post will be a bit of a hodge podge, but what's new?
................................

I ran to Schnucks to get a bag of ice yesterday for my mom. Forget the fact that I could have gone to the gas station that was less than a mile away from my house as opposed to the 5 I drove to Schnucks. I went in, grabbed my bag of ice and got in the "20 items or less" aisle. As I stood there behind 3 people my gaze naturally fell on the woman in front of me in line. I glanced in her cart and easily saw more than 20 items. That's so annoying! It's an express lane for a reason people! The boy/man in front of her had a donut and a drink, so he was clearly in the 20 items or less range. I had a bag of ice, and the two people that got in line behind me had a half dozen items each. I'm not sure if the lady could feel our eyes boring holes in the back of her head for daring to get in the express lane with more than the allotted items, but she glanced around a couple times and then took off toward the frozen foods. It was a little odd, but atleast she got out of line. Ha! Victory! Then as I waited for the boy/man's donut and drink to be rung up the two people behind me in line also took off. It wasn't like they were headed to another check out lane either. They were headed in the opposite direction. I have no idea what happened. It was weird.
....................................

I've taken up running. Well, sort of. I'm working my self up to it. I don't run for very long, so I would hardly call it "running" I run for like .45 miles. I'm a baby runner. I'm determined to get fit and lose weight for vacation which is at the end of May. I surely can do some improving by then. :) I have a killer blister on my right heel though. I bought new shoes while out running errands yesterday and I should have worn taller socks with them the first time. I got done running and my heel had broken open and I bled all over the heel of my new shoes! Ahh! Thankfully some water and Bath & Body soap got it right out. Phew!
...................................

As I was roaming around walmart today I was in the hair product aisle when I overheard an 80 year old (I'm guessing here) woman and a middle aged man talking about hair color. The woman was wearing a ratty old grey sweater and her hair was grey and silver and looked like it hadn't been combed yet today. The man however was dressed to the nines. He had on a pinstripe suit and a matching fedora. I was puzzled by the pair. Then the man started talking about which hair color he was thinking. "Maybe I'll dye it all blonde and do red highlights. Or I could just color the tips red." Old woman: "You're gonna color your hair red?" I didn't want to know anymore than that, and the speculations could go on forever, so I politely moved past them and acted like I'd never encountered them at all.
....................................................
I'm now back to my beloved night shift. :) My first night was Monday, and it was crazy from the very minute I walked in. I was surprisingly not tired at all until right at 7a. It was quite different than day shift, so I have 5 more shifts to get acclimated before I'm on my own. Eek! Scary!
Until....................................

3 comments:

Dave, Andria, Brooke and Hannah said...

I get easily annoyed by the people that get in line with a lot more items than you are supposed to have. I can understand a few items extra but that was excessive. By the way...to make matters worse...Schnucks express lane is only 12 items! That lady was way outta line! (no pun intended!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.