Sunday, November 25, 2007

Confessions of a Christmas Tree Decorator...

I have to start this blog by saying that yes, I am certifiabley insane. The day after Thanksgiving I got up at 4 am to go shopping with all the other shopping loons!I even coerced my sis into going with me. (Thanks Hol!) I must say thought that I found some pretty good deals. I knocked out gifts for 4 people for Christmas all in one day. I was quite proud. I also got some flannel sheets for my bed that were an original $60 that I got for $18. I've been sleeping like a puppy the past few nights too. Yes, I said puppy. I don't know why people use the phrase "Sleeping like a baby". If they slept like a baby then that must mean they were up every 4 hours. Anyway, I say puppies because I can remember when Sydney was a puppy, she would just flop down on the floor and be asleep in 2 seconds. Thus, I sleep like puppies, not babies.

I love Christmas!!! It makes me happy even though I'm bogged down with online quizzes and studying for last minute tests and finals. Today it really felt like Christmas! It was snowing!! It was actually sticking too. We didn't get anything remarkable. I don't even think we got 1/8th of an inch, but still there was snow and it made me happy. My dad finally got time in his insanely busy schedule to put up the lights on our Big Christmas tree. I assembled our little tree downstairs all by myself on Thanksgiving night. It's quite beautiful if I do say so myself. I also started putting ornaments on our big tree tonight. I only got through 1 of 2 boxes, but it looks good enough until someone finds time to put the rest on. The tree just looked sad without ornaments on it, so I had to atleast start. Sydney was a good girl too. She didn't bug me at all, and all ornaments are still on the tree. Her tail has not taken out any so far.

Well, I'm off to study, but I'll be back to post some pictures of my pretty tree decorating! :)

Ho, ho, ho.....

No comments: