Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Laugh Out Loud! We Won!"

Today has been a little bit crazy...

I started off the day with church (very good sermon on Hebrews), then I came home for a couple hours. I actually started a book in this time. I was reading Down Came the Rain by Brooke Shields, but reading about PPD was making me depressed so I skimmed. I'll have to go back and actually read the rest when I'm in the mood. So, I moved on to Multiple Bles8ings by Jon and Kate Gosselin. So far I am much more intrigued by it than the previous book, so I will finish that up and return to my Harry Potter books soon after.

At 3:00p the fam headed off to my cousin's birthday party. I can't believe that she's 15 already! We hung out there for about an hour (just enough time to presents and cake) and then headed off to the movies. Hol, Lis, and I were meeting a few of my friends to see "He's Just Not That In To You". I would say that it could have been a little more condensed, there was some unnecessary usuage of inappropriate language, and there was a shameless plug of the author in there. (He played a priest, and honestly there was absolutely no reason to even get a close up of him for any reason other than the fact that he co-wrote the book.) There were way too many people involved as well. It was like watching Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Everyone knew everyone in some way or another. There were definitely storylines I adored (Ben and Jen/Ginnifer and Justin) and storylines I was disappointed in (Jennifer Connelly/Bradley Cooper/Scarlett Johanson). I definitely didn't think it was going to be an uplifting movie. I mean after all, I know what the book is about. ;) There were funny parts as well but overall it's a very embarrassing movie. By that, I mean embarrassing for the characters. I had my face covered many a times throughout the movie. You know how much I hate watching other people get embarrassed. :p The end was very good, so if you don't mind waiting around for a little over 2 hours you can have 10 minutes of enjoyable viewing pleasure.
I guess what I would suggest is that if you want to see it, wait until you can NetFlix it or go for $5 using the Five Buck Club discount.
Anyway, after the movie, Robin, Ashley and I headed off for a late dinner at Panera. There were a lot more people out on a Sunday night than I had anticipated. No school/work for a lot of people so I guess they were party-ing it up on their extended weekend. :) There was a girl sitting at the table next to us and at one point we heard her say "I have a Myspace and Facebook account...but I don't use it for dating." I looked at Ashley and said, "Someone needs to tell her "He's Just Not That in to You". We started cracking up! Poor girl! She was talking really loud about personal problems in a public place so we couldn't help but over hear. :)

Alright, well that's about it for now. I have tomorrow off then I work Tuesday and Wednesday. Can't wait.... NOT! Day shift is not my friend! Only 7 more weeks of it and then I get to go back to my beloved Night Shift. YEA!!

Have a wonderful President's Day everyone!

Until............................

No comments: