Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mr. Sandman and I Have a Close Relationship...

In the past 29 hours I have slept a total of 21 of those.

Yesterday morning when I got off of work I had intended to go to sleep for a couple of hours and then get up as usual to enjoy my two days off. Well, when I got home my mom informed me that she and the girls were running to the mall and a few other places so I of course wanted to go as to not miss out on the fun activities. I jumped in the shower real quick and made myself some coffee. We were out the door a little after 8:30a.

I wasn't feeling too bad. I was surprisingly awake for having just worked three nights in a row and getting up early the day before so I could attend my family's annual fish fry. We ran to Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target [Where I got another coffee. Mmm... hello Pumpkin Spice Latte. It was nice to get reacquainted.], a few other miscellaneous places, and then lunch at the Olive Garden. Soup, salad & bread sticks! We ran a few other places I can't recall at this time. My mind was getting fuzzy at this point.

We arrived home a little after 1p and I jumped on my computer to check email, facebook, and a few blogs. I also emailed Holli a Ha-larious video from a SNL skit and then noticed that I was falling asleep while still poised to type on the computer. I thought it best to put the laptop down before it slipped off my lap onto the floor. I threw some pj's on and was sound asleep a few minutes after 2p.

I woke up around 7:45p to go to the bathroom [two coffees, and two tall glasses of water will do that to ya]. I promptly crawled back into bed and fell asleep until 2a. I knew I was going to be wide awake at some ungodly hour of the morning. So I laid in bed for a good 15 minutes before I decided I should just get up and do something. I grabbed my computer on my way back from the bathroom and cruised the internet for a while, while also texting some friends. Yes, I had friends still awake. They were on break at work.

Funny thing about texting... I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near my phone during sleep hours. I texted my friend Robin about something earlier in the day before I fell asleep and she replied to me after I'd fallen asleep. I thought I replied rather coherently for being half asleep but I did not. Here is our conversation:

Me: J wanted me to tell you something. [insert something]. (1:08p)
*
Robin: How is J? and where was that hook thing i want that (2:49p) [I had sent her a pic of these hook decorations earlier that day that I thought would go well in her bathroom.]
*
Me: J is ok. tj seaid (2:51p)
*
Robin: what did you say after u said j was ok (2:52p)
*
Me: haha, sorry I meant to say targwt but I was half asleep when I sent that. (7:15p)
*
Robin: No problem do u know how much it was what aisle was it in (10:39p)
*
Me: I don't but it was by the camdles in the back. (10:40p)
*
Me: Ok i seriously was half asleep when I sent you that second message too. I stayed up until 2a and am just now awake. :p I really saw those hooks at KOHL's by the candles. Lol! (2:15a)
*
Robin: ok hilarious i shall check it out (3:06a)

So apparently I misspell when I'm asleep as well as mix up stores and flat out lie. I say I'm awake when really I'm not. Atleast I had enough sense to go back and look at my texting transactions to catch my mistake. What a dork!

I stayed up for four hours and after eating some toast I fell back asleep around 6a. I was intending on only sleeping a few hours and then getting up. After all, I had just slept a full 12 hours. No need for too much more sleep. Wrong! I slept until 3p! What is my problem?? Once I was fully awake I went upstairs to see what was going on. I could hear my dad outside with the dog and I knew my mom was at work. I was looking at something on the kitchen counter when I could feel it coming on.... everything was going black.... my head felt like 100lbs weighing on my neck. I hurried and rushed to the living room, which was no easy feat since I was seeing dark splotches in front of my eyes. I threw myself onto the couch and took nice deep breaths. In through my nose, out through my mouth. I didn't actually faint to the full extent, so I was able to relax and pull it together. Pathetic. I had been vertical all of 2 minutes and I was within seconds of passing out cold on the kitchen floor. [Wouldn't be the first time.] I quickly thought in my mind what I could eat to raise my blood sugar a bit and slowly transitioned from laying down to a sitting position. I was successful and soon was in the kitchen eating pretzels and trail mix. That seemed to do the trick.

Now, here I am sitting in bed (again) with my laptop on my fancy new lap desk from Borders. I am hoping to be able to fall asleep sometime before 3a since I have to work tomorrow night. We'll see...

I'm off to eat some of my dad's delicious apple pie. Later Peeps....

Until..............

No comments: