Thursday, February 11, 2010

Look Who's Back!

I have returned. For how long? Only time will tell.

I can't believe that 2 months passed between posting in December and yesterday. I've been busy to say the least, but mostly time has just gotten away from me. This whole month of February so far I have been working every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It is no treat, but because of other things going on in my schedule it worked out that way. Next weekend will be my first weekend off this month and I can't wait! I plan on hanging out with my sisters who I have only seen glimpses of this past month.

Let's hit some quick highlights of what has been going on my life so far in this year 2010.

1. I have started house hunting...sort of. It's a slow and painful process. Right now there is not much on the market that I find appealing (or in my price range). I made myself a promise in college that I would only live at home a year after I graduated. Well, that "deadline" has come and gone and here I am still at home. It's not the worst thing by far, but it would be nice to have my own space that consisted of more than a 12x11 room. I even got tons of household items for Christmas. They are currently sitting on the floor in my room taking up space. I'm going to have to do something about that if I won't be moving out fairly soon.

2. Work has been going well. We have had periods when we are super low in census and people are being called off to stay home, then we go through spurts of having lots of kiddos, some super sick, and people are getting called in. Right now we are learning a new computer program for charting and let me tell you, it is not fun! I'm over it already and we haven't even implemented it yet. We are also getting ready for changes that will be coming when we move to the new unit that is still under construction.

3. We have been getting a lot of snow. I know that is nothing surprising since the whole country seems to be getting dumped on. I am so over this white stuff though and would appreciate some warmer weather, and soon!

4. Vacation plans have been made for 2010! Yes, we have planned yet another big vacation this year. Actually, we've planned two! The first will be in May. The three of us sisters are going to Disney! It will be my first time and I say, "It's about time!". The second was a very quick plan to go on a cruise that we heard about through out local christian radio station. It is sure to be a good time and we are taking one of my friends with us, so there will be an even number for this trip which will be nice.

5. The Bachelor started again. I was less than thrilled about this season because Jake (who was on Jillian's season) was slated to be the bachelor this time around. I thought he was too much of a "nice guy" to be the Bachelor, but he has been surprisingly good. I've been impressed with some of the choices he's made and also annoyed by some of his others [Hello! Get rid of Vienna! She's toxic and psychotic!]. Also, very sad that Ali left. I'm sure its not the last we've heard of her though.

6. American Idol is back and Ellen is the new judge!! Good riddens Paula! You can take your awkward clapping and weird critiques somewhere else, because we have Ellen now! She's very good at being straightforward about her opinion, not to mention she's funny. It will be refreshing to have someone capable of forming complete sentences and not spending time she should be critiquing performances by bickering with Simon. Can't wait to get past this Hollywood week stuff and get to the top 24!

Well, I guess that's about all for now. I need to get some sleep since I have MOPS in the morning plus I work the next 4 nights in a row. Yuk!

Until...

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Back in the land of the living! Good to see you again :}

BTW, you will LOVE Disney!! Where are you staying?